6.10.2010

Second Time Around


The second stop that we made on our way to Anchorage was to Portage Glaciers. I had never seen a glacier before, and honestly wasn't too excited about it. But when I go there, I was changed. Glaciers are really cool! The water surrounding glaciers is beautiful - it's a mixture of blue and grey because of the ice, and it shines a light blue hue. It's also a lot colder when you're down by the water. The ice chunks are really thick! I wanted to jump on some, but it was too much to risk. It was something of pure beauty, though.


stopped at a second glacier on our way out of Portage Glacier. This one was more secluded and, in my opinion, prettier than the first. Along with us, the glacier carried visitors in the form of teenagers who were screaming and yelling and having a good time. Glaciers bring people together and keep everyone joyful.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, these pictures are great! Looks like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete