6.09.2010

Kayak


One of my favorite things that we did in Alaska was kayaking. We dropped on car off at the end of the river, then drove in another car to the beginning of the river. We went about 10 miles or so down the Kenai River. It was so beautiful. I didn't get any pictures of us actually kayaking, because I was determined that if I took my camera, I would flip and my camera would be gone. So I played it safe.


I started to get over my fear of birds, because there were so many that I could no longer avoid them and some of them were actually pretty cool. But there are these birds..I forget their name...but they swoop down at you if they feel threatened. Those birds are dumb and the reason that I hate/hated birds. The water was so beautiful, but pretty cold! For some reason, my left leg was completely soaked. No matter, the day was absolutely wonderful!


Except for the part where we had to carry the kayaks up a hill to bring them into the car. But, we had a few laughs along the way and def. a good workout for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment