5.20.2010

Wednesday

OK, so, we actually went to the hot spring's on Wednesday. And, we also drove through the Yukon Territory! We woke up this morning to chilly rain, yuck. And we're leaving the BC, sad. But, I'm really excited to go into the Yukon partly because of the name. It sounds like some kind of extraterrestrial planet that is different from any place you have ever been. Also, partly because of the fact that not many people go there, and I feel cool saying I have been to the Yukon.

I was a little disappointed. I didn’t see anything unusual and there were no alien spottings. BUT, the word ‘majestic’ holds a new meaning for me. We saw the most incredible mountains all day. Granted, many of them came from the drive out of British Columbia and then back into it, but the mountains were beautiful nonetheless. The Rocky Mountain range actually stretches into that part of Canada…who knew!!...so there were just breathtaking mountains all around us. Ramsey was glad she drove, because we prob. would have gotten into an accident if I drove. I would not have been able to focus on the road at all. We drove on twirly, swirly roads up and down mountain ranges; flat roads with huge lakes on either side of us; and bumpy gravel roads. I drove pretty late into the night, and the deeper I got into the Yukon the more amazing things I saw. I drove for about two hours with these massive, ice capped, majestic mountains right in front of me the whole time. I am just blown away by God more and more each day. He is such an amazing artist, and I am obsessed with His work!

No comments:

Post a Comment